Wednesday, February 1, 2012

another sparknotes blog.. exciting isn't it?

Sparknotes, googling book summaries.. we all do it. It's okay, you don't have to lie about it. It may be the easiest solution if you don't understand a book and you need someone to dumb it down for you. You don't catch every single detail of the book, but you get the main ideas which is needed for the quizzes and tests the teachers give. (Yes i said it, you know you were thinking it). Teachers hate it, students love it. But in the students defense, I've seen some teachers use it as well. Everyone is guilty.

http://www.basicallyamazingashley.com/2011/11/review-sky-is-everywhere-by-jandy.html

That right there is a link to a blog someone posted. It just happens to be a blog about the summary of the book I happen to be reading. I didn't read it of course. I don't want to spoil it for myself. I am actually reading my book, well trying at least. My book seems to have a lot of emotion. All of which I would miss out on if all I did was read the summary of it. So as hard as it seems to all readers, you should actually read your book and not use sparknotes. (Except on A Tale of Two Cities.. that book confused me..)

Be honest, have you ever used sparknotes or any other summaries of books so you didn't have to read them?

Do you think you missed out on the main points of the book?

No comments:

Post a Comment